Frequently Asked Questions
What is the cost?
Our packages are available HERE.
Is there a bond?
Yes, in addition to the cost of the games package, we require a fully refundable bond of 50% of the package price. (I.e. $110 for our standard package). The bond will be returned to you in full once we receive the goods back at the agreed time and in good condition.
How do I secure my booking?
Contact us to see if your event date is available and which package/games you were after and we will send through an invoice with all the finer details.
We require a non-refundable deposit of $50 to be made to secure the games for your booking date.
The outstanding amount must be made two weeks prior to your hire date.
What is your cancellation policy?
Cancellations can be made via email to us on and the following refund conditions apply;
Initial deposit of $50 is non-refundable after 3 days.
Cancelled within two weeks of booking date: 50% of total paid over initial deposit will be refunded.
Cancelled 5 days prior to booking date: No refund.
Can the games be picked up/dropped off?
Absolutely! You can collect and return the games from/to our home in Tamahere. Please keep in mind that some of the games are quite large and quite heavy. We recommend bringing a friend to help you. We will also help as well!
Will the games fit in my car?
Depending on the games you hire, and the size of the car you drive - possibly. The game least likely to fit in a car will be our giant connect four. If you are wanting to pick up, just let us know the details and we will let you know if we think it will fit.
Can you deliver and collect the games for us?
Sure can! We are happy to deliver and collect the games within Hamilton and Cambridge for a price of $50. Locations outside these boundaries will need to be discussed.
I have an event outside of the Waikato, can I hire the games?
We are happy for the games to travel and will work with you to organise this. Hire time frames and cost of delivery/pick up will need to be kept in mind.
How big are your games?
Please go to our GAMES page to see measurements.
My event is indoors; can I still hire your games?
Yes you can! Most of our games are suitable for the indoors, but best to check with your venue.
Things to keep in mind:
If you are having these games at a venue, please speak with the venue for permission to set up. Some venues may have restrictions on games that dig into lawn and hence you may not be allowed to set up games like Croquet.
Ensure you organise substantial space for the games and consult the games descriptions and measurements.
If you intend to play the games on any surface other than lawn, please consult us to ensure it is safe for the games, venue and guests to play.
Please try and reduce the amount of drinks that are consumed in the area around the games - we don't enjoy trying to get split red wine out of our games!
Terms & Conditions
In plain English; we’ll provide you with quality items, we ask that you look after them, use them only as they were intended to be used, and then return them to us in a good condition on the agreed date!
For the full T&Cs, keep reading below ...
In these terms and conditions of hire: “Equipment” means the items hired out by the owner to the Hirer; “Hirer” means any person, company, corporation or government agency, or its representative who shall hire equipment or engage the services from the owner; “Owner” means M Williams trading as AN ELEMENT OF FUN; “Terms” means these Terms and Conditions.
1. OWNERSHIP | The equipment supplied for hire remains at all times the property of the owner.
2. INSPECTION | As part of the owner’s stringent quality assurance process, all equipment is checked, counted and cleaned prior to dispatch. It is the Hirer’s responsibility to check all of the ordered equipment on delivery or collection and the Hirer must notify the owner of any breakages or missing items within 2 hours of receiving the equipment for hire. The Hirer acknowledges that it is aware of the proper use for which the equipment hired is designed and it has inspected the equipment and expressly agrees that the equipment is:
(i) in clean condition;
(ii) in satisfactory working order;
(iii) is fit for the purpose; and
(iv) is of a quality and specifications as ordered.
3. TERMS OF PAYMENT | The Hirer agrees to pay the owner’s hire charge and any other charges, including charges for loss, damage and repairs or any tax, GST, duty, levy or other expenses paid or payable by the owner at the rate and in the manner specified from the commencement date and time of the hire until the equipment is returned by the Hirer to the premises of the owner, or the Hirer notifies the owner’s hire controller that the equipment is ready for collection.
If the Hirer requests the owner transport the equipment to or from the owner’s premises/other location, the Hirer shall pay the owner all charges and expenses incurred by the owner in delivery, installing and collecting the equipment in addition to the hire charges. The owner reserves the right to amend or revise its rate or prices without notice. If not otherwise specified by the owner in writing all hiring charges including taxes and duties are to be paid prior to delivery of the equipment. Subsequent charges for loss, damage, repairs or other expenses are to be paid within 14 days of the relevant invoice.
4. HIRER’S OBLIGATIONS | The Hirer must:
(a) accept responsibility for the equipment hired from the time of its delivery until collection or by return to the owner;
(b) be responsible for checking the order is correct on delivery
(c) assume the risk of and indemnify and hold the owner harmless from and against any and all property damage and personal injury resulting from the use of the equipment and use the equipment in a proper, safe and prudent manner and only for the purpose and capacity for which it was designed.
(e) ensure all equipment is returned or ready for collection by the owner’s driver, in a clean, dry and properly packed condition and if being collected, is readily acceptable. The Hirer must pay all cleaning and drying costs and for any damage resulting from not properly drying, cleaning or packing the equipment.
5. LOSS/DAMAGE TO EQUIPMENT | If on the return of the equipment to the owner the equipment is found by the owner to be in an unclean condition or not in a substantial working order, the Hirer shall pay to the owner the cost and expenses of restoring the equipment to a clean condition and good working order. The Hirer accepts full responsibility to compensate the owner for the value of the equipment or parts thereof which may be lost or stolen from the time of commencement of the hire or delivery, whichever is earlier, until the equipment is returned to the owner’s premises or collected by the owner. This right shall not be prejudiced by or prejudice any other right under these terms. The owner’s staff is not required to be held liable for any breakages or missing items unless expressly evidenced, and agreed, between the owner and the Hirer.
6. RELEASE & IMDEMNITY | The Hirer hereby releases the owner from, and agrees to indemnify the owner in respect of any third party claims, action, suits, demands, costs and expenses for damage or injury to person, death, loss of income or damage caused to the Hirer or its property arising directly or indirectly out of the hire or use of the equipment by the Hirer or these terms.
7. SET UP/REMOVAL OF EQUIPMENT | The owner is not responsible for the set-up of the equipment, unless otherwise stated, and agreed in writing between the owner and the Hirer.
8. FORCE MAJEURE | If the owner is unable at any time to perform any of its obligations whether wholly or partly by reason of any cause beyond its control (including without limitation, acts of god, inclement weather, strikes, lockouts, fires, riots, civil commotion or unrest, interference by civil or military authorities or act of war) the owner may give written notice to that effect to the Hirer, giving full particulars of such force majeure in which case the obligations of the owner under these terms shall, to the extent that they are affected by the force majeure, be suspended during the term of the force majeure. The owner shall not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by the Hirer as a result of any delays caused by such force majeure events.
ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS | By making payment, the Hirer hereby unconditionally accepts these terms and acknowledges that its acceptance is a condition precedent to taking possession of the equipment from the owner.